Saturday, June 12, 2010

Speaking of Philosophy - Feminist Hulk, Men's Toilets, and Cultural Presence

I'm not a tweeter because it's stupid and ridiculous and I can't think of anything more mundane in the whole world.

But I was just reading some of my faviourite blogs (usually on physics) and ended up on an interview with Twitter personality, Feminist Hulk. I can't get enough of the Hulk talk, here are some examples:

HULK USE ALL-CAPS. HULK CHOOSE NOT TO IMPOSE HIERARCHY ON LANGUAGE. PLUS, BIG HULK FINGERS MAKE SHIFT-KEY PROBLEMATIC.
HULK MAKE CAPITALIZATION EXCEPTION FOR bell hooks.
And
HAIKU DO NOT RHYME. / HULK COULD CLAIM RHYME TOOL OF MAN. / REALLY, JUST TOO HARD. 
(that was Haiku) and finally
HULK POLITELY REQUEST CHANGING TABLE IN MEN’S ROOM. HULK CHOOSE NOT TO EMPLOY SMASH IN THIS MOMENT. MULTIPLE TOOLS FOR CHANGE. 
The Christian aspects:

  1. What should we think of feminism - think Kirsten Birkett and the loss of the family wage, but at the same time there are tonnes of good things right? Tonnes...
  2. ALL men's toilets should have change tables. It's ridiculous that only the ladies do. Not only am I stuffed if I go out alone with Rose, but there's also the equality issue
  3. This person cares so much about this stuff they've created an hilarious alter-ego (yes, I used an - first time ever). What should we care more about, and how can we do similar things. Lots of Christian organisations tweet, that's for sure. But yeah... that question  

No comments:

Post a Comment